Blog – My Bucket List: From the Maasai Mara to back where I was born…
Name the five places you most want to go in the world.
Earlier this month, Michelle Lewis took up the challenge to name her Bucket List top five.
So today is my turn, although if I’m honest I could do the same thing tomorrow and come up with five completely different destinations.
Let me know what you think of my choices, and what your top Bucket List destinations are in the comments below.
A bit of a wide-ranging one here as I cannot narrow it down to one particular place.
What I do know is that for a good part of the last twenty years, and maybe longer, I’ve wanted to go on a safari tour.
Whether that takes me to the Zambezi, northern Kruger or the Maasai Mara I don’t much mind – although it would be that much better if David Attenborough was there as well.
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia:
I found out about these incredible lakes a few years ago while researching Dubrovnik.
The colours and obvious natural beauty they possess made them an immediate addition to my travel wish list.
I don’t know if there is anything particular to see there, but it’s where I was born – on a British Army Camp – and I’ve not been back since…
West Indies cricket tour:
During the 2010 T20 World Cup in the West Indies, I was lucky enough to watch a few games in St Lucia and it whet my appetite for some more Caribbean cricket.
I’d love to go on a tour watching all the test matches in a series between England and the home side, taking in islands such as Jamaica, Antigua and Barbados.
Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi look like amazing cities, but I’d really like to get out into rural Vietnam.
- African safari. Picture by Steve Evans from Citizen of the World. Shared from Wikimedia Commons. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Africa_Safari_007_(5265684265).jpg
- Plitvice Lakes. Picture by Tomi Nieminen. Shared from Wikimedia Commons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Plitvice01.jpg
- Episkopi Bay near Dhekelia in Cyprus. Picture by Karpouzi. Shared from Wikimedia Commons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:20061019_Episkopi_Bay.jpg
- At the Beausejour Stadium in St Lucia
- A rural area in the Mekong Delta, Soc Trang province, Vietnam. Picture by Daniel Berthold. Shared from Wikimedia Commons. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rural_Soc_Trang.JPG